SECO USA is a leading provider of low-power embedded systems and software to original equipment manufacturers of handheld, portable, battery operated, Internet of Things (IoT), and wireless devices. Seco USA specializes in the design and production of low-power and rugged single board computers (SBCs) and mobile devices. Industry focus includes military/defense, industrial, medical, transportation, infotainment, field operations equipment, and more. Seco USA’s in-house expertise includes: project management, systems engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering, mechanical engineering, production engineering and test engineering.
Seco USA invests R&D dollars in the development of embedded computing and handheld platforms, sells these platform as commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) product, and also utilizes these platforms as the basis for customized platforms in a process called Modified COTS. The design of a new COTS platform, usually in the form of a single board computer (SBC), starts with the selection of a microprocessor appropriate for target industries. These processors are available for 10 or more years, offered in industrial and automotive qualified temperature ranges and use cases, have a robust and flexible feature set (including multimedia capability with a wide range of peripherals) and are supported by common operating systems. The SBC architecture is design for a range of target applications, usually providing display, common peripheral, and wireless interfaces, along with operating systems targeted for the circuit board.
Seco USA’s current processor focus is the NXP/Freescale i.MX line of processors (i.MX 6 platforms available i.MX 8 platforms in design) and supported with Android, Linux, VxWorks, and Windows Embedded operating systems. Previous generation platforms include TI’s OMAP, Intel’s Atom, and Marvell’s PXA processors.
Seco USA is an NXP Embedded Board Solutions Connect Partner and a Wind River Silver Level Partner. Other partnerships are listed in Seco USA’s Partner web page.
Products & Services
- Seco USA provides commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) SBC and tablet platforms for OEMs of wireless, IoT, and handheld electronic devices.
- Seco USA offers standard, custom and semi-custom electronics boards. Standard product includes: Fury-M6, Fury-F6, Siren-F6, Fury, Siren, and Fingertip5.
- Seco USA can customize its standard SBCs using a process called Modified COTS to provide unique circuitry or interfaces, and to optimize product cost. Fully custom board design is also available.
- Hydra-F6 rugged tablets are available commercial off-the shelf (COTS) or semi or fully custom to meet project specifications. The NXP/Freescale i.MX 6 based tablet is the ideal for OEMs seeing a durable, long-life solution.
- Seco USA has many years of custom engineering rugged, low-power, mobile device design for projects requiring unique specifications.
- A streamlined phase/gate process guided by experienced project managers minimizes risk and ensures projects on time and on budget.
- Seco USA partners with local test firms to validate new designs early, minimize risk, and complete regulatory certification.
- Extended support is standard for 90 days following project completion – Seco USA offers support renewal, as well as custom, multi-year support plans that may include: 800 number access, 24-hour turnaround, hardware/software upgrades, etc.
- Seco USA is ITAR registered and US classified compliant for engineering design services and products.