SECO USA is seeking an energetic, highly-motivated individual with excellent engineering skills for a challenging and rewarding position designing electronic board-level solutions for handheld, single board computer and wireless devices. This position will additionally involve working with the embedded software engineers and other hardware engineers to create hardware/software platforms to test IHE’s devices. The successful candidate should have strong working knowledge of system design and be eager to learn about exciting new technologies. The candidate should have intensive experience in designing with 32/64 bit microprocessor, such as ARM, TI OMAP, IMX6, and/or X86 processors (such as Atom).
Specific responsibilities include:
• Participate in hardware design effort to ensure test requirements are incorporated into each new design.
• Work with SECO USA managers as necessary to ensure consistent and efficient completion of board-level hardware design projects
• Develop test plans, test procedures, test specifications, and test results documentation.
• Participate in project reviews
• Knowledge of handheld and wireless device standards
• Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical drawings, cable/harness diagrams.
• Design for manufacturing (DFM)
• Experience building test fixtures / development platforms is a plus.
• Experience with component-level troubleshooting, soldering skill under a microscope a plus.
• Experience testing Windows Embedded OS like WinCE 6.0, Windows mobile, and embedded Linux.
• Experience with TI OMAP and Intel Atom processors is a plus.
• Familiar with Mentor Graphics design tools.
• Experience using Corelis ScanExpress Runner tool is a plus.
• Experience with electronic equipment including logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, programmable power supplies, USB & GPIB controlled instruments, etc.
• Excellent computer skills including Excel and PowerPoint for data formatting.
• 2 years total experience in hardware design with microprocessors
• Technician degree or engineering degree
• Strong organizational skills
• Familiarity with all aspects of electronics design and project development cycle, from concept to production
• US citizens or Permanent Residents only.